- I wear contact lenses?
- According to its material contact lens types
- Types of lenses of contact according to life
- Tips for contact lenses
- How to put on and take off contact lenses
I wear contact lenses?Each day there are more people who don't want to see with glasses every day, or bothers to carry them in a timely manner during a celebration in which, perhaps, to spoil the look. Whether for aesthetics, comfort or safety in certain jobs, they seek alternatives to use the glasses only at night or in the privacy of your home or, if possible, do not use them ever.
However, not everyone can undergo a surgery operation to remove their vision problems, or simply do not dare to do so, so - popularly known as contact lenses- contact lenses , are your best alternative. Luckily, almost everyone can wear contact lenses because currently there are many types of contact lenses that adapt perfectly to different vision problems and the different types of eye.
It is important that if you decided to wear contact lenses you go to an optical so you orient on the most suitable type in your case, after several testing on-site , and rating the use that you are going to give. Go to optics and buy random contact lenses with the same graduation to the glasses is an error that you should avoid if you want to protect your eye health.
In this sense, children, the elderly, people who work in environments with toxic substances or dust in suspension, or those with problems in the eyes (e.g. large ocular dryness) must exercise the control prior to the first use of contact lenses, since it is likely that the specialist discouraged them.
Origins of the lenses or contact lensesIt was at the end of the 19th century were devised when the contact lenses that we know today, thanks to the work of the German glassblower F. A. Müller. However, it was the great Leonardo da Vinci the first who thought of the possibility of correcting sight, something that developed in greater depth René Descartes and, subsequently, French and German doctors. They were the first steps to come up with something so common in our day to day as contact lenses.
Today, there are contact lenses for almost all problems and people. Although it is popularly believed that they are only suitable for people with myopia, there also to correct farsightedness, astigmatism, and to progressive ideals for presbyopia, popularly known as 'view tired', and is suffering from midlife. And, of course, also is simply decorative, one complement of more, like the bag or shoes, for the more daring.
According to its material contact lens typesIn the market there are a wide variety of contact lenses, corrective purposes, both for purely aesthetic purposes, in which case serve to change the color of the iris, enhance their own, or insert in this a bold pattern, as it is the case with some models that are ideal to complement Halloween costumes.
The optical is the right person to advise us on which contact lens is most suitable for us. However, it is good to know the types of contact lenses that are on the market, since if there are several that are suitable for our eyes, the specialist will leave the choice up to us.
Taking into account the type of material which they are made, contact lenses can be classified in:
Rigid or hard contact lenses : are the first that were launched on the market and they are slowly being relegated to the background since its material, although highly transparent and resistant, does not pass the oxygen. Your Crystal helps to get very high vision quality, are easy to clean and they have a good price, but the adjustment to the same period is longer because its hardness may annoy more inside the eye at the beginning; In addition, it is easier that they fall off of the eye, so are not suitable for people who practice sport or have very active jobs.
Semi-rigid contact lenses : are the evolution of rigid contact lenses, which are replacing in the majority of cases. They are made with a porous material, by which oxygen Yes can pass through them, in some cases even as if contact lenses do not take. They offer a high vision quality - can even include a filter that protects the eye from harmful UV rays-, and are suitable for people who have insufficient or inadequate hydration in your eye and which do not tolerate, therefore other types of contact lenses. However, the porosity of the semi-rigid lenses makes that they can accumulate dirt more easily, so you require weekly cleaning added to the daily and, in addition, may scratch easily.
Soft contact lenses : these contact lenses have water in its composition in a percentage that goes from 36 to 55%, which makes that adapt very well to the eye and barely move once placed on it. Permeability and breathability of contact lenses depends on the percentage of water (the more higher the passage of oxygen), but also of the chosen material and thickness. Like semi-rigid lenses, it is necessary to do a special cleaning once a week and, on the other hand, they are not the most appropriate to correct astigmatism (except in very minor cases and with the use of spherical lenses). Within this group there are contact lenses disposable and, in the majority of cases, also the frequent replacement. Soft lenses for nearsightedness and farsightedness are spherical, while those indicated for presbyopia are Bifocal or multifocal.
Types of lenses of contact according to life
The lenses or contact lenses can be classified also bearing in mind its useful life:
- Disposable contact lenses : have a limited duration, ranging from a day to a week. Disposable contact lenses to be renewed in frequent way allows the material of which they are made have damaged time, so are best for maintaining eye health, in addition to that maintenance is more comfortable (or null) as the of classic contact lenses. You can sleep with them (for the week) and they don't need any type of care since that, when removed, must dispose of them. However, you can not economically out profitable if we multiply the price of each unit by all that needed for example in one year, if the use of this site is daily.
- Frequent replacement contact lenses : is a disposable lenses that can be put over a certain number of hours a day, so it is mandatory to take them to sleep. Therefore, should clean them daily, and especially once a week, and its duration may be for a fortnight, a month, or three months. They have a high content in water, so let enough oxygen to the eye.
- Classic contact lenses : as well as disposable contact lenses, lenses classic also has a shelf life, although this is much greater, since there are annual and biannual. It is important to change them when you pass this time, because the material can damage and, therefore, damaging our eyes. You must clean them with special products daily, and its initial price is much higher than the of the disposables, which must add cleaning fluids, although they can get more profitable in the long run.
Tips for contact lensesWe offer some Tips that will be useful if you have decided to use lenses or contact lenses:
1. Requests an appointment with your optical when you decide to start using contact lenses. It will make you a review and verify your graduation, will advise you which ones are the best for you, and will show you how to make them and remove them, as well as maintain and clean them properly. Also, go once a year to the revisions with your eye doctor if your vision problem has varied and need to change the setting.
2. The cleaning of reusable contact lenses is crucial to ensure good visual health, since a bad care of lenses can cause bacterial infections such as conjunctivitis and other vision problems. A good cleaning and rinsing of contact lenses get end up with 90% of the bacteria.
3. To clean contact lenses should wash hands with SOAP and dry them with a cloth, paper or towel that is lintfree. Then must place the lens in the Palm of your hand and pour a few drops of special product in it as that is rubbed with extreme care with the little finger. Then, rinse the lens with another special for this liquid and place in a case for which must be perfectly clean contact lenses. Fill each of the compartments of the solution for cleaning contact lenses, close tightly, and let them soak until its next use.
4 Contact lenses should not be be without liquid inside the case, so if you spices usage time, check that you have not consumed. In addition, read carefully the instructions for use of cleaning fluids, where you can see how long you can leave soak contact lenses.
5 As important as daily cleaning is weekly cleaning. In this case it must be cleaned contact lenses with an enzyme solution that helps remove deposits of proteins that are not deleted with the most basic everyday cleaning.
6. The cases that keep contact lenses should also be cleaned thoroughly to eliminate bacteria. Whenever you put the contact lens, clean with a special disinfectant liquid and leave it to dry in the open air, but be careful that no dust enters the compartments.
7. There is no problem to apply makeup if contact lenses are used. You have to put them before painting, and to take them before makeup is.
8. If you have eye problems, irritations or infections, contact lenses should not be used, and it must go to the doctor so that you assess and diagnose the problem. Equally, if you notice an itching or discomfort in the eye, remove the lens immediately and check in the eye a few drops of artificial tears or eye drops; If discomfort persist, see a professional so you check your eye.
9. The use of contact lenses must conform scrupulously to the life which indicates the manufacturer of the same. If we try to lengthen the period of use to save us some money, we can be jeopardizing our visual health.
How to put on and take off contact lensesDonning and removing contact lenses require a simple learning that, once acquired, is one routine fact of more, like brushing your teeth. The optical will give us the necessary information so that we learn this process, and the first few times even make it in the query itself so that live teach us how to do it properly.
First of all, must wash hands with a mild soap and dry with a cloth or towel that is lintfree. Then open the package pods in the case of using a new lens, or take your lens of the container where you save them and, in this case, rinse it with the proper liquid to remove any residue that may have.
A trick to not be confused with contact lenses in the case that you have different ranking in each eye is accustomed to put on and take first the lens of an eye and after the other. For example, always first the left eye and then law.
To put the lens should place it in the yolk of the index finger of the right hand if we are right-handed and left if we lefties. It is important to Note If the lens is in the correct position to not put it upside down in the eye.
With the other hand you have to make a kind of clamp with the index and thumb fingers: with one holding the upper eyelid so you do not pestañees and another down the lower eyelid to open the free surface of the eye and can thus more easily place the lens.
Look up while you move your finger with the lens to the eye, place it carefully on the bottom of the eye and release slowly two eyelids. Close the eye to help the lens to be in their position and ready! Now repeat the operation on the other eye.
It to remove the contact lenses, the first step is also the wash and dry your hands and when they are to be placed in the eye. Look up and help you finger heart down the lower eyelid while you glide gently with your index finger the lens to the bottom sclerotic membrane (the white part) where you'll clip with your thumb and index fingers to remove the lens. Do the same operation with the other lens, and be careful not to mix contact lenses in the container where the guards and the clean, in the event that are not disposable.