Definition of Notebook
1 Meaning of NotebookA laptop computer (also known as laptop in Spain, and laptop in some influenced by English-speaking countries) is a personal computer, mobile or transportable, which normally weighs between 1 and 3 kg. Laptops are capable of performing most of the tasks that perform the desktop computers, with similar capacity and with the advantage of reduced weight and size; added also that they have the capacity to operate for a certain period without being connected to a power grid.
A laptop desk or desknote computer is a hybrid between a desktop computer and a traditional laptop computer.
ECS introduced the laptop's desktop to the world of computers at the end of 2001.
A portable desktop computer is a laptop with the technology and specifications (including power and speed) most recent desktop computers; combines the main unit of the computer (e.g. plate mother, CPU, disk hard, external ports, etc.) with a liquid crystal display (LCD) display. Therefore, a portable desktop computer usually has a size similar to a large laptop, although unlike these, the desknotes require a keyboard and an external mouse.
The first laptop to be considered as such was the Epson HX-20, developed in 1981, from which were the great benefits for the work of scientists, soldiers, businessmen and other professionals who saw the advantage of carry with them your computer with all the information they needed from one place to another.
The Osborne 1 came to market in April 1981, the format that currently distinguishes them, but then they were extremely limited, even for the technology of the time.
In 1995, with the arrival of Windows 95, sales of laptops increased significantly, and now surpasses the sales of desktop computers.
In the third quarter of 2008, sales of laptops exceeded for the first time those of desktop computers, according to the iSuppli Corp. research firm
"The crucial thing is that growing up in a modern society has suffered three fundamental changes: the modification of family relations, the restructuring of the stages of childhood and youth, and a growth of technological equipment every day". The communication it is essential especially for young people who live in this era of modernization.
Technological equipment such as laptops, have made this communication from person to person less since through this technology one can communicate without having to face the other person.
He able to communicate through these media have facilitated many his works since they have "greater freedom and comfort", this is a great advantage. But there is also a disadvantage of these advances in technology as the laptop, they have made us to be more individualistic people, i.e. sections of society, and in a society as competitive as this people must develop both the social and the technological, and create a balance between the two to be able to progress.
The social impact of technology and science have been support of the elevation of the well-being of a population and their quality of life, without neglecting the material aspects relating to them, such as food, housing, transport, communications and all the activity of economic infrastructure which is essential for developing a country and its people.
Features• Usually work with a battery or an adapter that allows both charging the battery as power supply (even with the computer off, usually via the USB port). The Wireless Power Consortium is developing a specification for Wireless charging of batteries for laptops.
• They tend to own a small battery which keeps the clock and other data in case of power failure.
• In general, at same price, laptops tend to have less power than the desktops, even smaller capacity hard disks, less graphical capability and audio, and less potent in microprocessors. Anyway, they tend to consume less energy and are quieter.
• They usually have an LCD screen and a touch pad.
• From 2008 approximately are equipped with Wi-Fi
• Some recent models (2013), are equipped with bluetooth
• In general are equipped with card (formerly PCMCIA) or PC ExpressCard for expansion cards, although it is a slot that is disappearing from 2009.
• There is still a form factor industrial standard for notebooks, that is, each manufacturer has its own style of design and construction. This increases the prices of components where you have to replace or repair them, and makes that they are more difficult to obtain. Often there are incompatibilities among components of laptops of the same manufacturer.
2. Definition of NotebookThe word notebook is the English for notebook or address book. However, in everyday language, the word is used to talk about laptops. A laptop (also called laptop or simply handheld), is a device designed to possess all the functions of a conventional computer in an easy to transport and store.
Laptops are equipped with all the elements of a conventional computer, included a keyboard, a monitor, integrated speakers, ports for connecting external devices and a touch panel that makes the function of a mouse. They operate using a rechargeable battery, and in most current models, are able to operate up to eight hours without connecting to the stream, with a weight that ranges from one to three pounds.
In the beginning, laptops were designed for very specific uses, such as the army and sales executives. The first models were quite heavy, had a monochrome screen and its autonomy was practically nil, in addition to its price was so high that they were inaccessible for most pockets. However, as time passed, they became slimmer, lighter, faster, practical and cheap, making them increasingly popular among the conventional public, which had already adapted to the use of the computer and which now required for computing travel and public places.
Today, laptops have reached such a power that is not uncommon to have replaced completely to the desktops that have diversified to offer an alternative to every type of consumer, since the casual users to those that require machines of heavy-duty, with enough power to handle tasks and heavy graphics.
As a disadvantage, however, many laptops do not offer the comfort of a desktop computer, addition to your hardware components are more difficult to update.