Techniques to enhance children self-esteem
The development of a
child means that parents, as adults, not only meet their material needs,
but also the emotional: love, affection, care and affection. Sometimes these things are forgotten, and the child's self-esteem can suffer.
Self-esteem is an emotional necessity for any human being. However, there is a big difference between childhood and adulthood: one older person is aware of itself and its identity, therefore their well-being depends, mainly, of themselves and of their attitude. However, a child is in the process of growth and formation of their personality, their well-being depends on not only itself, but also the family and academic environment.
In fact, both areas are in clear connection, therefore, it is very positive that there is constant communication between the teachers of the school and parents. Tutorials are intended to exchange views to analyze not only the academic development of the child, but also his attitude and his behavior. In many cases, when a child low academic performance, has this response on the basis of a problem at home: a process of divorce, affective deficiencies or lack of integration with classmates. Both parents and teachers, must have it in mind to act accordingly and help the child to find solutions.
The main causes of low self-esteem in children are: lack of friends, physical complex, dysfunctional families, lack of integration in class, loneliness... Discover how to help you to recover it.
How can parents enhance a child's self-esteem?
Here are some tips for the emotional needs of a child and help them to strengthen their self-esteem:
1 avoid making comparisons among the children. In all comparison there is always someone who loses out, and such messages are very negative for the self-esteem of the child who feels in the shadow of his brother.
2. the positive strokes refer to the gestures of affection. These strokes can be physical or emotional. A hug or a kiss is an example of bodily expression. However, there are verbal caresses coming directly to the heart of any child in the form of emotional well-being. The more positive touch is saying: "I love you". Love should never be taken of course, therefore, you should overcome the barrier that sometimes causes shame.
3. the game is not only a form of entertainment, but also an excellent stimulus to emotional level to feed any child's self-esteem. Therefore, any small rejoices when his parents play with him. There are very enjoyable activities that promote contact with nature: bicycling, an excursion, go out to the Park, sports... We propose an interesting film that can serve as a reflection to show how a child feels when his family doesn't have time to be with him for work: 'Diary of a nanny'.
4. to feed a child's self-esteem, it is good to have regular contact with other members of the family. Especially with the grandparents. Grandparents have become firm in times of crisis emotional support, since they take care of the kids for many hours a week. However, some experts say should put limits on this situation not to fall into the role of Grandpa grandfather Babysitting or slave.
5 there are family habits that help create a rewarding home: lunch and dinner is a time to share. For this reason, where for reasons of time, it is impossible to eat together during the week, then, it is recommended to do this weekend. In addition, it should be recalled that television is a medium of entertainment, therefore, must be turned off most of the day. Of course, there is no better way to say goodbye the day that reading a Goodnight story to the child.
6 it is advisable to change the educational model to move from the constant criticism to praise. In general, parents waging their children when they do not obey, but instead, not devote the same attention to praise them when they behave in the right way, obey, they eat alone, they collect the table, clean your room... So the child will have clear rules, it is useful to put them in writing on a cardboard placed in a visible place of the House.
7 there is a mistake in today's society: confuse being with having. Sometimes, intends to meet with materialism any empty emotional which may have a child. Try not to fall into it.
8. children can also take responsibilities in a way commensurate with its age. In the House, you can do these tasks from the seven years: setting the table, pick up his room, folding your clothes...
9. it is essential to create an environment that is ordered with a few marked schedules so children have internalized a routine that gives you safety and well-being. The weekend it is the space for leisure, therefore, children can go to bed later and watching TV. Television is also a good educational tool whenever it is used with a criterion. Children should only watch movies suited to their age, transmitting values humanist and no violence.
10. If a child has a very high self-esteem and insecurity problem, then, it is possible that you have to resort to do therapy. In this case, seek a psychologist that is specialized in children's issues.
Tips to make teachers boost student self-esteem
A child's self-esteem involves the small welfare at home, but also at school. Therefore,
teachers need to understand that his profession does not end in the
exercise to some theoretical content: they are dealing with people,
therefore, have to educate on the basis of the individuality that shows
that each child is different and has specific needs. These are some guidelines to boost the self-esteem of students:
• First, each child has a talent. Some stand out in paint, others in mathematics and some in literature. What to do in that case? Empower the child in that branch which highlights. If a child writes well, is good to motivate him to draft editors can then read in class in front of other colleagues, or for example is also positive inform about children's literature contests that may occur.
• Children have a vision of the problems of tunnel. They do not see more than one alternative. That is why, as adults, it is good to seek solutions to some of the academic difficulties that child has. For example, the tutor can inform parents of the need to hire a private tutor that will help the child a few hours a week.
• A teacher should never leave that other classmates ridiculed the child. One of the great problems of today's society is bullying. The problem is that teachers should engage in first person to think of possible solutions to protect the victim.
• Teachers must educate in the positive sense of curiosity, i.e. they should motivate them to do always questions everything that does not have clear. Many times, a student does not ask for fear of ridicule. Therefore, whenever a student raise your hand to ask, teacher must congratulate you on having made an interesting question and give an explanation which, in addition, will help you for an entire group.
• Level of education, extracurricular activities that take place in the leisure also have a more playful sense. They allow the child to learn to enjoy. Therefore, you can enrol at the Conservatoire or do some sport, to be able to also meet friends in a different context.
• A student is an integral whole, as a person, cannot be reduced to their academic performance. Precisely, because also said performance is affected by the personal situation and mood. If a child is doing the mourning for the death of his father, it is good to understand that this process will be noted in the studies. A teacher must not only give value to the note of the examination, but also to assess daily class work and perform the duties at home. In this way, the child feels good with itself when it strives every day and does not put all its value only in the result of the examination.