We all know someone who seems to be always dissatisfied, for who the life doesn't seem to ever meet your expectations, people that the word all is recently. If in addition the person ourselves, also know that chronic dissatisfaction is accompanied by an important range of negative emotions, in which sadness, that is the protagonist, comes to escorted by their primas-hermanas: anxiety and irritability.
The reason for the dissatisfaction
Dissatisfaction is a feeling that when things have or have made do not seem to us to be sufficient or do not cover our expectations for themselves. All people suffer from one or another way to a feeling of dissatisfaction 'healthy', which helps us to keep looking, trying to be better each time, and to make progress in our hierarchy of priorities, in search of self-realization. Therefore, from this perspective, the dissatisfaction is a good and necessary emotion that drives us toward personal growth.
However, some people, far from express a feeling of dissatisfaction concrete inspired by a specific incident, something natural that we have all experienced at one time, have high levels of chronic dissatisfaction, held at different times of his life, interfering significantly in all aspects of it.
The most common cause of chronic dissatisfaction are the problems of the mood, such as depressive disorder; but there may be a chronic dissatisfaction without presence of depression in those cases where the person does not feel made, or believes that what happens in your life does not pursue any specific objective, well because she herself does not guess to set it, either because other people or circumstances prevent you to get it. In the first case, the dissatisfaction courses with high levels of frustration, sadness and apathy, while, in the second case, is anger who takes the hand to the dissatisfaction to make the more complicated 'task' If you have it.
Finally, there are people for whom the dissatisfaction is not always present, but it appears shortly after having achieved its goal. This fact, which could seem contradictory, often occurs in people who have a pronounced feature of search of sensations and that, therefore, quickly 'Tire' of their achievements, and lose interest in them. Also occurs in those cases in which the goals have been too easy to get so that, once achieved, lose interest.
Consequences of dissatisfaction
When it is not their cause, depression is the main consequence of the constant dissatisfaction. The person begins to feel sad most of the time, to which is attached a a feeling of helplessness, not knowing what to do with your sadness and discomfort, as well as think that what happens in your life (consequences) does not depend on it. The presence of apathy, anhedonia (inability to experience pleasure), and similar emotions, they are characteristics of this picture, and cause the person to make increasingly fewer things and, therefore, you feel even more unsatisfied with it and their vital circumstances.
One of the major victims of dissatisfaction are personal relationships of those who suffer from it. Its character changes, is bitter, does not celebrate the successes of others, and to his constant complaint, the others get tired, distance, and the dissatisfied stays and feels alone, and different from the others. The labour aspects are also affected; some change constantly working, studies, etc., looking for an option that will satisfy them, but, unfortunately, not found it.
This behavior can be played also in other areas of your life, as it is the case of romantic relationships, because we often do not find a person who meets the requirements for them and, if not leave them your partner before, are themselves who break the relationship, or hold it with a bad quality.
Finally, other complications of dissatisfaction is the consumption of substances, with the goal of freedom from discomfort, escape from a reality are not attractive, or trying to find new sensations.
Profile of unsatisfied people
Dissatisfied persons are characterized by the following profile:
• Constant complaints about his environment; like nothing.
• Face serious and off.
• Are people sad and irritable, melancholic.
• Are constantly compared with others, always longing for what they don't have.
• Do not content with mostly due to their high level of demand.
• They require much to others, especially to their families and loved ones (couple, friends).
• Do not see the good side of things; negative view.
• They tend to envy what others have.
• Initiate activities, but do not end them, as always they discover that does not like them as much as they hoped.
• Your expectations tend to be very high and unrealistic.
• Are very categorical; for example: things are perfect or bad, there is no middle term.
• In other cases, are set too short or easy-to-achieve goals.
Tips to avoid dissatisfaction
Our emotions and thoughts are in our hands, depend on us. When we feel dissatisfied is because we are giving a negative explanation to our past, present or future, minimising our capacity to respond to the challenges and improve it. But that attitude can be changed; below are some tips to avoid dissatisfaction, by changing your way of seeing life, and learning to appreciate what you have.
• Think about the why of your dissatisfaction; Since when is present in your life, which now has been milder, in which others more intense, steps you have taken to try to avoid it... The answer to these questions will give you the key to knowing the source of your dissatisfaction, but above all, to determine the factors that make you a dissatisfied person.
• Three columns technique: records on a paper what has happened in your life (situation), what you have thought (thinking), and another way of thinking of an alternative (alternative thinking), whenever you feel dissatisfied. Are you sure that there is another way of seeing things?
• When something doesn't please you too (your new home, your work, the journey that you took so much time planning...) exercise in reverse which are used to make; i.e., instead of looking for flaws and problems, strive to find advantages.
• Finally, check your goals; are they too demanding? or, on the contrary, they are too easy to get? Who does not have goals in life, does not have a path to follow, and the happiness is on the way, not at the destination; move down that road in direction to the goal, and enjoy small achievements obtained in different stages, is what makes us feel really satisfied.