Do not do to others what you don't want to do to you - Parables to teach values

Parables and stories
to teach values

Contents Parables and stories to teach values


A man entered a restaurant and, as he addressed an empty table, asked a young woman he was having lunch on the table of the side:
-Could you please tell me the time?
The young woman answered with voice angry and very strong so that everyone could hear him:
-How dare you, old green, wretched scoundrel!
The man blushed and felt the brunt of hundreds of eyes that looked at him with anger about it. It only managed to say with trembling voice:
-Sorry, Miss, but seems to have misunderstood, I just asked him the time.
Then the young woman stood very offended and began to scream hysterically:
-If you still with that, scoundrel, I'm going to call the police.
Terribly embarrassed, the man went to the farthest corner of the local and sat at a table partially hidden behind a pillar.
Some minutes later, the young man approached him and said smiling:
-Excuse me you, I'm sorry what happened, but you see, I am a student of psychology and I am doing a research in how people react to unforeseen situations.
The man looked at her for a couple of seconds and exclaimed with astonishment and strong voice so that everyone could hear him:
-Truth that you are willing to do all that to me and all night for just ten euros...
The Lady fell to the ground unconscious.
"It is to others as you would like to be treated to ti and never make anyone what do not like you to do." These two principles summarizes all the ethics and norms of human coexistence. If everyone loves to be treated with love and respect, why don't we treat so others? It is always the others so they feel important and loved. It acts in such a way that others feel that it has been a true gift you've known. Frequently, we love to spoil others joke, laugh at the expense of others, but how we get if they get us... We ask all the
respect and understanding that we are not willing to give them. If we hurt others, we tell them that it was just a joke, complain about their lack of sense of humor... but how it it hurts when we are the object of laughter. For this reason, before acting, he thinks if you'd like to make you to ti what you plan to do, or be treated in the way in which you propose to do so. We are so subjective and patronizing about ourselves that what we consider virtue in our behavior, seems an error or mistake in the conduct of others.
If someone takes a long time to do something, it is that it is slow. But when I I take my time is that I like to do it right because I am conscious and reflective.
When the neighbor does not do things, it is a loose, an irresponsible and a slacker. When I do them because I couldn't, I had many problems, it was very busy.
When the neighbor takes the initiative and makes things without that will tell you, it is an intrusive, it seeks to draw attention. When I do them without that tell me, is that I have initiative.
When the neighbor doesn't like my friends, it is that it is full of prejudices. When his people don't like me, is that I know people well and have good judgment.
When the neighbor kept firmly his opinion, it is a stubborn and a dogmatic. When I support strongly the mine, it is I have firmness.
When the neighbor is set to small details, it is a maniac. When I
I notice small details, is that I am careful

* * *

The Director says to the school Secretary:
-Someone just entering the fifth grade classroom. Who will be arriving so late?
-Insurance which is the teacher.
-How can I be so sure of that?
-Because if it had been a student, already the teacher had sent it to the address.

* * *

Once a city Baker and a farmer from the neighboring village made a deal. They would trade, every day, half a kilo of bread per half kilo of butter. Things marched well for some time, until, one day, Baker began to suspect that the butter was not the agreed weight. For several days, it weighed the butter and you demonstrate that, as he had suspected it, every day weighed less. Finally, he that they arrested the farmer by fraud.
At the trial, farmer confessed that although he had balance, it was not using weights.
-Do then how weight you butter that should send you to the Baker?
-Very simple: use as it weighs the piece of bread that Baker sends me. If my butter does not have the correct weight, it is just a bread Baker..

Translated for educational purposes.