Concepts and meanings of Cable
1 Meaning of CableHe is called a driver (usually copper) or set of them usually covered with an insulating material or protective, even though the name of cable is also used for transmitters of light (optical fiber cable) or mechanical stress (mechanical cable) cable.
Electrical conductors (wires)
Cables whose purpose is to conduct electricity are generally manufactured in copper, due to the excellent conductivity of this material, or aluminum which although it has a lower conductivity is more economical.
Usually it is insulated in the order of 500 µm to 5 cm; such isolation is plastic, its type and thickness will depend on the level of working voltage, rated current, the ambient temperature and the temperature of the wire service.
The General parts of an electrical wire are:
• Driver: Element that conducts electric current and can be of various metallic materials. It can consist of one or more threads.
• Insulation: Coating that surrounds the driver, to prevent the flow of electrical current out of the same.
• Fill layer: insulating Material that envelops drivers to maintain the circular section of the set.
• Cover: Is made of materials that protect cable mechanically. It function is to protect the insulation of the conductors of the action of temperature, Sun, rain, etc.
2. Definition of CableThe cord is one cord or less thickness that it can contain one or more wires, which are not visible because they are protected by an insulating sheath and that human beings traditionally use them in electricity being them those responsible or non-ignition of all the electrical things that we have at home, as well as to carry out telephone and telegraph communications.
Traditional material with which the cables are manufactured is copper, given the excellent conductivity that is of the same, or in his absence, the following alternative is aluminum which although it loses a little in terms of conductivity, gains in economy. Among the different types of cable: coaxial cable, cable pair, shielded cable, twisted pair cable of Litz wire.
On the other hand, in some Spanish speaking countries such as Argentina, the cable term is used to designate television not going by air but by cable and that from its beginnings to the present day involves the payment of a subscription to access it, unlike what happens with the aforementioned TV by air, requiring additional elements for the reception.
It is the cable television arises from the need to reach people a new proposal that does not require receivers, antennas and players to view any channel programming. This type of television requires a network of cables that part from a header from which van grouping in multiplicity of frequencies different channels which, in turn, boast various origins, some from satellites and others that are created by the own cable company.
Also, the term cable has a special role and significance in the world of news, since traditionally and as a consequence of the way in which communication moved: cablegram, some journalists and announcers, use the term to refer to news that arrived at the last moment, they usually say: through a cable at the last moment the guilds confirmed the strike.
3 Concept of CableCable is a term with multiple meanings and uses. You can try lace that presents several insulated wires each other and protected by some kind of wrapper.
Power cord is one whose purpose is to conduct electricity. Is usually made of copper (by its conductivity level) or aluminum (which is cheaper than copper).
These cables are composed by driver (the element formed by one or more threads that lead electric current), insulation (covering the driver so that electric current do not circulate outside the cable), the layer of filling (an insulating material that allows to keep the circular shape of the Assembly) and cover (materials that protect the cable from the Sun(, rain, etc.).
Coaxial cable, on the other hand, is a cable that has two concentric conductors and high frequency electrical signals that can be transported. Drivers are separated by an insulating layer known as the dielectric.
The term cable is also used to appoint television by cable, a service that allows consumers to access television signals through optical fibers or coaxial cables. The cable requires the payment of a subscription by the user, unlike the so-called open television (which are accessible via an antenna).
The notion of diplomatic cable, finally, makes mention of the type of communication issued by an Embassy or a consulate for the Chancellor of his country. The word cable refers to that, some time ago, these communications were sent through undersea cables.
4. What is CableThe word cable has a multitude of meanings, but one of their uses more common is that which refers to two or more wires twisted into a spiral, which are covered with an insulating material and allow transmit electrical currents. These wires are usually made of copper, though they often come coated in a thin layer of another metal such as Tin, gold or silver to prevent oxidation and thus lengthen life of cable eltiempo.
Also referred to as cable to those formed by flexible and transparent fibers made of glass or plastic, characterized by possessing a little thinner to a human hair. These cables are known as fiber optic cables and their use has been increasing with the passage of time, because they allow you to transmit data between over larger distances and at a much faster rate than the one obtained with another type of technologies. However, your configuration is much more complex than that of other types of cables.
Meets wires formed by a set of smaller wire of iron or steel comocables steel. These cables have a multitude of uses and are characterized by being able to withstand large voltages, so it is common to see them when it comes to suspend loads of great weight. They are usually entangled in helical shape.
In the diplomatic world, is known as cables to messages sent from an embajadahasta their country of origin, often designed to be read by the Minister of relations exteriors or lapersona that holds a similar position. Because of their importance, these cables are often encrypted, and only be sent without protection when it comes to messages without much importance or confidential data.