ADS BY GOOGLE
What is: "parapet" ‒Definiciones and concepts -
1. Concept of parapet in the Wikipedia EncyclopediaThe parapet is an architectural element of protection which serves to prevent falling into the void of persons, animals or objects of a balcony or terrace although it can also be found elsewhere that unevenness among different planes.
Characteristics of the parapet to avoid dangerous situations
• Height: the parapets must have at least one meter from the ground up to above
• Supports on the inside: must not be inside brackets located at a height of the floor that serve as support for the foot and cause the fall of young children
• Maximum dimension of bays: must be fixed so as to prevent the passage of objects; You should not pass a sphere of 10 cm. of diameter
• Resistance to horizontal push: the parapets of balconies and terraces must withstand a horizontal force of 1000 n/m applied on the handrail
• In the military sphere, is called a parapet to a short embankment formed on the main towards the part of the campaign.
• The parapet defends chest shock enemies for soldiers who are on it. Initially they were stone and they were pierced with loopholes but subsequently became ground to better resist the cannon balls. However, the growing power of the artillery forced to insert a masonry cement in the midst of the land of the parapet in order to increase their resilience.
• The parapet should be always preceded by a moat.
In the military sphere, is called parapet to a short embankment formed on the main towards the part of the campaign.
Parapet defends chest against the enemy soldiers who are in it. Initially they were stone and they were pierced with loopholes but subsequently became ground to better resist the cannon balls. However, the growing power of the artillery forced to insert a masonry cement in the midst of the land of the parapet in order to increase their resilience.
The parapet should be always preceded by a moat.
2. Definition of parapet
Parapet is a term that originates from parapetto, a Word from the Italian language. In the field of architecture, used to name the wall or protection that is installed with the intention of preventing dropping something from a bridge, a balcony or other elevated structure.
The target to include a parapet is to minimize the possibility that a human being, an animal or object rush and fall because of a drop. The parapet can be purchased form a handrail, a balustrade or other structure.
So to provide protection, the parapet should meet certain requirements. It has to be attached to the main structure and be able to withstand much pressure, for example. Its height, further, must be adequate to minimize the risk of an accidental fall to look out.
In a military context, a parapet is a kind of fill that is created to protect a campaign. It is an embankment of limited dimensions, established on other more important, who cares for the chest of fighters against the attack enemy.
To increase their effectiveness, the parapet is preceded by a moat and has elevations of cement between the Earth allowing it to increase its capacity for resistance.
Note the verb to shelter, on the other hand, refers to protect something with a parapet or something to replace this item. At a symbolic level, shelter is shelter: "when I parapet me in that corner, I hear that it begins the shooting and decided to throw me to the ground".