What is the meaning of Return? Concept, Definition of Return

Definition of return


1 Meaning of return

From the latin devolutĭo, return is the action or effect of return. This verb makes mention to return to their previous state; return something to the person who had it before; correspond to a favor; or to refuse an order or an order for not responding to what is expected
For example: "We have to make the return of the defective goods as soon as possible", "the seller told me that they did not accept returns", "If you are not satisfied with the product, called by phone and arranged their return".
The return can be understood as the return of something to its previous state. If a person proposes to restore a wooden door, it could be said that it will try to return the door to its former glory. In this way, door return, where possible, to the State prior to its deterioration.
In the field of trade, the idea of return applies when a buyer is not compliant with the received goods and decided to return it to the seller, to change that give you back the money that was paid out in the purchase. Suppose an individual to buy a lawn mower at a store where they offer "satisfaction guaranteed", since if the buyer are not satisfied with the performance of the machine, you can return it and get their money back. This buyer, therefore, test cutting machine for several days, but not satisfied. He then decides to return to the store with machine, and to realize the return, receive their money back.
The notion of tax return, finally, concerns the restitution of amounts paid inappropriately making public finances to taxpayers.

2. Definition of return

The word return comes in its etymology from the latin "devolutĭonis", understood as return things or situations to their former or primitive State.
For example it may happen that someone has delivered another something on loan or deposit. As it has not made it is in property, the current holder is obliged to return it in the time that has been agreed or when the owner required, in optimal conditions as it had received it. If not is left seated the conditions in which the thing was lent it is presumed he was in satisfactory condition.
It also tends to speak of returns in the case of favors, damage or assault. For example: "you lent me your home for the holidays and I gave back her favor, leaving you full of food pantry; or "you gave me a trompada and I gave back her", "treated me badly, but I gave him back with indifference". In the first case, the favor, we observe the return consisted of another species but a favor. The last return, nor corresponded with the offense.
Other cases in which return is used: "I bought with my debit card and got the refund of VAT," "gave back the merchandise I bought because it was in poor condition, and returned me my money", "I gave back passages, because my mother got sick and I could not travel. They received them me, returning me the amount with a small discount".
Education usually used the expression. "review return" when the teacher returns the evaluation students and discusses the successes and errors, as part of the learning.