ADS BY GOOGLE
If you travel to any place in which there may be danger of earthquake, keep in mind the advice that teas I will mention. Earthquakes don't know when they are going to happen, but nonetheless will continue to produce and more often in regions where have been relatively common in former times.
Although the human losses and material can be considerably reduced through the adoption of systems of construction according to antisismcas standards, it is also true that you can reduce the risks to which you are exposed together with your family, knowing what to do in case of earthquake.The dangers
In an earthquake, seismic waves, is rarely the direct cause of deaths and injuries. Most of the victims are the result of landslides of objects, landslides partial or total of structures, breakage of glass and windows, furniture or other objects, fires caused by breakage of pipelines of gas and electricity, and also by human events marked by the recklessness and the panic that you can easily avoid being well informed and prepared.
Before the earthquake
- You must be proactive and have at hand, a kit of first aid, lanterns, battery-operated radio, batteries, also some nonperishable food and bottled water.
- Family conversations in a way serena on natural disasters without have casualty details on them, this will help to cope with such situations more calmly and knowledge.
- Make a plan of action together with the family, what are the possible risks, how light, water and gas are disconnected.
- Firmly secure objects that can cause damage to break off, such as pictures, mirrors, lamps, etc.
- Keep an attitude serene and constructive, you are in an emergency situation.
- If the earthquake is not strong, there is no cause for concern, will happen soon.
- If the earthquake is strong, it is essential that it is calm and ensure that others are it.
The Interior of a building
- Never leave the building if you find a safe place where to stay, exits and stairs may be congested.
- Take shelter under structures that protect you from objects that may give off as under a table, etc.
- Do not use the elevator, electricity can be interrupted and get caught.
- And above all, check with the concierge of the hotel which is the best thing to do, they have the instructions necessary to care for the guest
- Keep away from buildings, walls, electrical poles and other objects that may fall. Go to open places
- If you are in a vehicle, for the safest place possible, not out of it and stay away from bridges, electric poles and detachment areas.
After the earthquake
- Check if there are injured among your relatives. Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in imminent danger of new damage.
- Don't be running rumors, this will cause confusion and nervousness. Only get case of information derived from official agencies, authorities or the staff at the hotel. Radio stations and TV networks will provide you information.
- Not visit points of interest immediately, especially in coastal areas where "Tsunamis" or tsunamis may occur.
- Don't use the phone unless absolutely necessary, collapse lines that may be necessary for truly urgent cases.
- If it is necessary to enter damaged buildings, it remains the shortest possible time and ten extreme care with objects that you touch, may have been unstable position. Use strong footwear to avoid damaged by sharp or pointed objects. Caution with potentially hazardous fluids.
- Respond to requests not to crimp, those qualified for these tasks. Browse not only difficult tasks, also is dangerous.
- Be alert for possible further shocks, called "replicas". They are generally smaller, but they can cause damage.