Footprints in the sand

Parables and Illustrations for Values Education

Contents Illustrations and Parables

One night I dreamed I was walking along a beach accompanied by God. During the walk, many scenes from my life were projecting on the screen of the sky. To pass each of the scenes, I noted that some traces of foot formed in the sand.
Sometimes two pairs appeared to traces, and sometimes a couple. This worried me much because I could note that, during the scenes that reflected sad stages of my life, when I felt more embarrassed, distressed and defeated, only had a pair of footprints in the sand. So I said to God:
-Lord, you promised me that if you went, you always walk beside me. However, I have noticed that during the most difficult moments of my life only had a pair of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you, not you walked beside me? The Lord replied:
-When you have seen only a pair of footprints in the sand, my son, it is because I had you in my arms.
Translated for educational purposes