God is never wrong

Parables and Illustrations for Values Education

Contents Illustrations and Parables

A King who did not believe in the goodness of God had a servant who told him in all situations:
-My King, don't get discouraged, because everything God does is perfect: he is not wrong.
One day they went out hunting and a wild beast attacked the King. The servant managed to kill the animal, but could not prevent the King lost a finger. Furious and without showing any gratitude for having been saved, the monarch said:
-What is God good? If it is good, I do not would have been attacked.
The servant just replied:
-My King, despite all those things, only I can say that God is good; and he knows the reason for everything. What God does is perfect. He is never wrong.
Outraged with the response, which seemed to him insolent, the King sent his servant to prison. Later organized other hunting, and was captured by a few savages who did human sacrifices. Ready to immolate the King, already wild perceived that the victim was not one of the fingers and he was released: it was so flawed that it could not be offered to the gods!
Back at the Palace, the King ordered to drop his servant and received it very affectionately.
-My servant, I want to tell you that God was really good with me. I escaped being sacrificed by savages, just for not having a finger! However, I have a question: If God is so good, why did you, that both defending it, go to prison? -My King, if I had gone with you to the hunt, would have been sacrificed in place because I don't need any finger. I want to repeat that everything God does is perfect. He is never wrong.
Translated for educational purposes