Prakash wanted to see God - Parables for Values ​​Education

Parables and stories
for Values ​​Education

Contents Parables and stories for Values ​​Education

Prakash was a holy man and was very proud of it. His greatest desire was to see God and therefore rejoice over way when he had a dream in which God spoke to him thus:
-Prakash, would really like to see me and have me fully?
-Of course I'd like it, that is my biggest wish - replied eagerly Prakash-. All my life I've waited this moment. Even I would be satisfied if only achieved you glimpse dimly.
-I'm going to satisfy your cravings. You embrace at the Summit of the mountain, away from everyone.
The next day, Prakash, the holy man, woke up excited after a restless night. The mountain view and the idea of putting God face to face a galloping heart. I walked as if he were about to fly. Then, he began to think forward what would give him God because, without a doubt, Dios would be waiting for a gift.
-I got it! -thought excited Prakash. I'll take my beautiful new vase. It is the only thing valuable I have and no doubt Dios will thank my detachment. But I can not take it empty. I fill it with something.
For a long time he was thinking what they would put in the vase that was going to give to God. It had no gold, silver or precious stones, and also thought that those things maybe not like so much God as he himself had created them.
-I will fill the vase with my prayers and my good deeds. No doubt that this is what God expects of a holy man like me. I gather my sacrifice and deprivation, the long hours of meditation and prayer, my service to others and deliver them to God on my new vase.
Prakash felt happy to have discovered what God wanted and decided to increase their good deeds and prayers to soon fill the vase that give them to God. During the following weeks, he scored every prayer, every sacrifice, every good work by placing a stone on the vase. When you were about to overflow, it would rise with him to the mountain and would offer it to God.
Finally, with its beautiful vase full of pebbles, Prakash got underway heading to the mountain. Every step was repeating what would say you to God: "look, Lord, do you like my precious vase? I hope Yes. I am sure that I love everything I've done to fill it and to please you. Take it and now yes, embrace me".
Prakash continued climbing the mountain as soon that could. The desire to see and embrace their God is dying. Repeating between gasps his speech finally reached the Summit but God wasn't there.
-God, where are you? I invited her to see me here and I've fulfilled my part. Here I am, but don't you see. Where are you? Please, God, me no disappointments...
Full of pain and despair, the holy man fell to the ground and burst into tears. Then, he heard a voice that went down rumbling clouds:
-Who is there below? Why would you hide from me? Are you Prakash? You don't see. Why are you hiding? What you put between us?
-Yes, Sir, am I, Prakash. Your holy man. I brought this beautiful vase. My whole life is in it. I have brought it to you.
- But you don't see. Why do you insist on hiding behind that huge vase? It will be impossible for us to see. I want to hug you strongly; Therefore, throws well away the vase. Boot that has inside.
Prakash could not believe what he was hearing: how would break their vase so precious that it contained all the good deeds that he had done for his God...
-No, Lord, my beautiful vase, no. I have brought it especially for you. I've been patiently filling it with my...
-Discard, Prakash. Give it to another, if you like, but get rid of it. I want to hug you, Prakash. I want you for who you are and not by what you have done for me. Boot, boot that vase, that because I can not stand the urge to hug you...
(Taken from Lazarus Albar Marin: "Spirituality and praxis of the Christian worshipper").
Much does it cost us to accept that God loves us unconditionally, no matter what we do. We believe that we buy your love with our small good deeds. How does cost us to accept the parable of the prodigal son and finally to understand that God is that good father that evenings gets to wait the return of his son with the wormy heart of pain. And when, finally, he sees it coming, is thrown back into his arms, covered it with kisses and instead of listening to the words of forgiveness of the repentant son, sends him to prepare a large feast. We seem to us too close to the elder brother of the parable. We find it hard to accept that the father is so good, we cannot understand his jubilation and joy. We would like, in short, a less-good God. As we are small and petty, and it costs us to forgive, we have become an idea of small God as we, in our image and likeness. Already said it Feuerbach:
"God created man in his image and likeness, and men pay you with the same currency: we have an idea of God according to what we are". God created us for love and is your love that sustains us. True love - and God is love - it is selfless, is delivery without waiting for reward. Love always without waiting for the response of the beloved. God loves us infinitely: we called to life by love and generously gave us all the works of creation to allow us to serve them and see in them the traces of their hand. If we truly believe that we are loved by God, never we can consider ourselves alone. All are loved by God, but we are very few people we know it and many even less those who experience it. Hence the duty of being mediators of the fatherly love of God with all that ignored it. God gave us life so give it. We must see others, neighbors, students, people we met on the street, as God sees them. God chose us to show, through us, your love for others. For this reason, anyone bid farewell to ti without feeling better.
On a funny Valley at the foot of the Apennine mountains were finishing build a convent, whose prior was a man of God. One day, when the light of dawn smiles painted the landscape, the prior sent to call the brother of architect, a man who dominated the language of stones and which had masterfully interpreted the dreams of his superior.
-Brother, I want that you build a cell at the end of the building, there where does not any noise. The corridor leading to the cell dominates the entire Valley and is bathed in light. But this cell should not have any window. -Understand, would a black hole,-asked brother architect - quietly that commits a serious fault?
-No, no, nothing of that. Hear me well: the cell must be quite high and good proportions. You must do it in such a way that by invisible openings are brewed throughout the day the cheerful Sun of Umbria, that which is in that cell is submerged in a well of light.
-Who shall dwell a special cell? Perhaps the greatest Mystic or Saint of the convent?
-No, not necessarily. I will send there the brother who is sad and sorry or that rotten by the remorse and scruples who thinks that it is not worthy of the love and forgiveness of God. In that cell is only permitted to ponder this idea: "God loves me as I am". While in other cells or in the chapel of the convent, each brother can engage other meditations, to think about its flaws to correct them, to weep and ask for forgiveness for their sins, which inhabit the cell that you are going to build with your best wits will be "doomed" to only think about the immense tenderness of God, the father who loves us infinitely no matter what they have done.
Thrilled with the idea, the brother architect dared to propose that it would be good to place in her beautiful wooden crucifix carved finishing give to the convent.
-I had thought about it, but I am afraid that the contemplation of that tortured body carried to the guest of the cell said "were my sins that caused so much suffering and death." My evil is so great that it caused the death of God himself".
- But the cell cannot be empty. Need some image that remember the love of the Lord.
-First will be the sweet light of "Sun brother" who is righteous and sinners alike. In addition, in each of the walls and in really big letters, gravarás the following message: TE AMO such as you are. If someone allows a feeling of uneasiness to confirm their miseries and weaknesses will be desecrating this cell where walls, floor and ceiling must be impregnated only of our confidence in the tenderness without limits of God.
- But, father, not how to be sad and sorry brother who is not capable of loving God with all your heart?
-I would like to know the brother who spend one or more days in this sacred place to the one who said: "Is not healthy, but the patient who is in need of medical"; meet the good shepherd who goes out in search of the lost sheep and happy about his men load when you found it; the father hopes excited the backslidden son that is happy with all the heart and send make a great party when finally returns. I happened to also ask the brother musician who compose a song - the one who will be there authorized-, whose chorus repeat: "Let me love you as you are".
-Has not written San Juan de la Cruz which we will be judged by love?
- And I'm telling you, dear brother, that we will be judged by our faith in love. Faith, as the cell openings, allows the Sun of grace invade the soul. And do you know what is the measure of the quality of our faith?: the image that we have of the love of God. All those who have a narrow, poor, idea of God's love and imagine it as a tyrant or a ruthless judge anxious revenge or do pay our faults, are men of little faith. Others, however, have a bold image, we could say "scandalous" for the love of God, and are therefore people of great faith. They resemble the cananea of the Gospel that Christ started tears of admiration. Thus, when you feel that one of the brothers is sorry and sad, I will send him a few days to the cell.
-I would like to be the first - order brother architect, fervently kissing the hand of his superior.
-We'll see that. Better start now to work if you want the cell to be ready soon.

* * *

Many, rather than love God, do good and avoid evil to gain heaven or to avoid hell. They do not have faith and they have not understood what is love.

* * *

They say that the San Luis rey de Francia sent to the Bishop of Chartres to an Embassy. On the way to their destination, Bishop ran is with a woman's face serious and determined gait, which, while it was daylight, wore a flaming torch in one hand and in the other a pitcher with water.
Intrigued by that image, the Bishop sent to stop the carriage and asked:
-Where are you going and what have those things?
-With water, I'm going to turn off the hell, and with the torch I will set fire to the paradise. I want men to love God by love of God, not out of fear or in an interested way.

Translated for educational purposes