Beginners in the kitchenCooking is more fashionable than ever, and proof of this is the large number of programs dedicated to the kitchen that inundate television. Perhaps because of this boom, or perhaps because you finish for independence and do not want to rely on the rich casseroles of MOM, time has come the constricting and make your first steps on the stay of the unknown House for you: the kitchen. Quiet, with the following basic tips you can get you them without difficulty.
Basic cooking utensilsBefore you get the apron is necessary to have some basic tools to help you successfully perform the simplest recipes. You must not miss in your kitchen:
• A set of pots and pans (with different sizes for frying and roasting).
• A couple of pans (a flat and another honda and big).
• A pot, as well as a couple of lids.
• If there is a possibility, it is worth to invest in an espresso pot, although it is not essential.
In addition to that basic household items, it is recommended to have:
• A mixer (best buy which has different speeds and, if possible, with mincer function).
• A good set of knives, a cutting board and kitchen shears.
• Utensils of wood (essential fork, ladle, slotted spoon and ladle).
• A mortar, a grater and a colander.
• A couple of sources suitable for the oven.
• A kitchen weight to calculate well the measures indicated in the recipes.
Staple foods in your pantryAlmost as important as the tea it is to have a minimum pantry. In this should not miss the oil, sugar, salt, vinegar and flour. To this must be added the garlic, onions, carrots, eggs, potatoes, tomatoes, rice, pasta and vegetables; Although if there is room also it is advisable to have cans of tuna, asparagus, tomato sauce and spices such as parsley and pepper, all of them are very recurrent.
In any case, before making a recipe for the first time must reread the instructions well and make sure that you have all the ingredients and tools needed to make the dish. The good cooks say that the secret of the success of a recipe is have everything by hand and the best raw materials.
Basics and tricks of cooking for beginnersIt is possible that more novices in the kitchen are with very simple recipe books, but that is taken for granted concepts difficult to carry out without prior explanation. First of all there is to distinguish between the three types of cooking most elementary:
Boil or cooking is to introduce a food in plenty of liquid, either water, broth, wine... We need the cooking time since the water is boiling. You can also steam cooking in a container with holes.
For its part, the frying is the method cooking foods in oil, taking into account that the most advisable for frying point is when the oil begins to smoke. Failure to use high fat is considered cooking on the grill.
Finally, the roast can be baked or coals, high temperatures and a slow cooking time.
Saute, poach, reducing, Saute, cut into julienne strips... They are the basics of the kitchen but that can that they sound to "Chinese" to anyone who gets between stove for the first time. You should know that:
Stir-fry or Sauté is to cook with little oil and heat medium-high, stirring well. It is very usual to make sauteed garlic, onion and carrot.
Meanwhile, poach or Saute have very similar meaning and consists of simmer, letting the food go taking color gradually. It is a widely used technique, for example, to make the onion to soften its flavor.
As for veggies cutting, should take into account that Juliana style is cut in the form of thin and long strips.
There are some recipes that involve a prior preparation, such as flour food, batter it or Breading it. So they go well with the first should take into account some tricks, as it is important to not leave the food on the flour, since it could soak up more than twice what is necessary. Furthermore, food is passed in the batter, besides by flour, beaten egg, while there is a third step that covers the food of bread crumbs in the Breading. To make more sophisticated this Breading you can add herbs, garlic powder or even crushed nuts.
Cooking cheap and healthy for beginnersAt times running, eat healthy and cheap is the perfect marriage that is sought in all households. And if you're a novice in the kitchen, you just become independent, only live or have little time to cook. To achieve this should take into account some practical advice. Take note to beginners (and stoves) in general:
1 plan your weekly menu trying to distribute food in a balanced way. Remember that every day should be eating fruits, vegetables, salads, dairy products and bread. You must toggle the meat and fish to consume three or four servings of each per week, while you can eat up to four eggs a week. Vegetables may be used twice per week, as well as rice, pasta and potatoes, leaving the fast food and the industrial cakes for special occasions.
2. buy only products that you consider necessary for the purposes of your weekly menu, avoid throwing food or that will expire the fresh food. Shopping with a list in hand also allows you to save time and money at the grocery store.
3. consume seasonal products, since they are cheaper and have more quality, because they are at the optimum time, freshest and largest number of nutritional properties.
4 it gives priority to the recipes where opt to Cook steamed, baked or grilled with fried. Try not to overuse of sauces or very strong fittings.
5. take advantage of the offers of large supermarkets, but not buy perishable foods that you can not take advantage. Offers 3 x 2 or family packs are only useful for large families or in products that do not expire, as cans of canned foods, pasta, condiments, etc.
6. Learn how to take advantage of leftovers in recipes like croquettes, soups, vegetable pie, lasagna... You should never throw food.