Wine therapyWine therapy is a type of beauty treatment which is applied to the care of the skin, well-being and relaxation, which combines the techniques of spas and spa with the antioxidant properties of grapes and wine. We show you a new way to enjoy and take advantage of the benefits of the most ancient nectar.
Before delving into how it takes place, it must be clarified that, although these techniques are practiced in spas come where people seeking the medicinal properties of its waters, the wine is only indicated as aesthetic treatment and relaxation. And it is that, according to experts, attributing health benefits would be exaggerated. But that does not mean that our body can not enjoy its virtues.
Treatments covering the wine-therapy based its philosophy on the antioxidant properties of grape polyphenols, chemical substances that are products used for various cosmetics used in this therapy (creams, masks, oils, MUDs from coatings and derivatives of the branches of the vine). Of these, the most important and studied are resveratrol and flavonoids, whose ability to fight free radicals are higher than, according to experts, vitamins C and E, which makes them one of the best weapons against the aging of the skin. Also, flavonoids have anti-inflammatory properties that help to prevent rupture of capillaries, a point more in their favor to pamper our skin.
In the process of creating these products and treatments are used different types of grapes, musts (grape juice, before fermentation), wines and oils derived from grapes, as well as cosmetic products with molecules and substances derived from vine and natural moisturizing agents.
The precursors of these therapies that combine health and beauty were Matilde Cathiard and Bertrand Thomas, who in 1995 founded the first company dedicated to dermocosmetic products based on the grape skin care, and in 1999 in Bordeaux the first spa's signature treatments in vinotherapy, Les Sources de Caudalie. Since then, and little by little, the wine has extended to some Asian countries and European countries of the wine tradition such as Spain, Italy and Portugal, but also to the entire American continent.
Today, large wineries from around the world have in their hotels centres specific to offering a spa or spa treatments, but based on the products of what is now known as vinocosmetica. Maybe you can try this new way to experience the culture of wine and its benefits?
Benefits of vinotherapyOils and other treatments produced from the grapes and their seeds nourish and strengthen the epidermis. Therefore the wine therapy is especially indicated for people with aged, dull skins and need anti aging and firming treatment.
The effects and highlights benefits of vinotherapy include:
- It deeply moisturizes the skin giving light and energy and strengthening fibers of support of the epidermis while maintaining its elasticity and firmness.
- Improve peripheral circulation of the epidermis favoring the decongestion of tired legs and varicose veins
- Counteract the negative effects of Cellular Aging thanks to the antioxidant power of flavonoids, rejuvenating and providing energy to the skin.
- Massages have a relaxing power which releases muscle tension, at the time that gives a pleasant feeling of well-being.
Vinotherapy treatments ratesVinotherapy treatments ranging from facials to the body, and even products combined with avant-garde aesthetic devices to get more spectacular effects.
Wine therapy facial treatmentsRealized with specific products according to the needs of each type of skin (dry, devitalized and tired):
- Skin cleaning products derived from grape seed.
- Skin exfoliation to remove the layer of dead cells.
- Facial massage with hydrating creams.
- Masks for toning and shaping to the cutis.
Wine therapy body treatmentsThey vary according to each centre, although the most common are:
- Body exfoliation that removes dead cells from the body dermis performed manually with products based on grape seed.
- Whirlpool in Cedar with thermal water barrels and touches of wines. The pleasant temperature water opens the pores allowing penetrate the active substances of the wine.
- Massage with hot wine and oil of seeds of grape which improves circulation and promotes drainage of toxic waste.
- Wraps of sweating hot cloths impregnated in yeast of wine and honey or clay with grape extract.
Vinotherapy treatments that use cutting edge aesthetic apparatusThey include specific products based on wine-therapy to achieve the best effect of the dermatological peelings, which achieves a rejuvenating effect and filler for wrinkles.
A type of wine for each problemProducts that are used in each centre offering treatments in wine for the most part have been elaborated in wines and grapes from regions where. However it has been discovered that some wines and varietals (wines made from a single type of grape) are best for treating some specific skin conditions. Like this:
- The varietal cabernet and merlot are used for Exfoliating treatments that eliminate the superficial layers of dead cells.
- The grapes sauvignon and chianti are chosen to produce oils.
- Wine Lambrusco, mineral properties, is used to provide elasticity to the skin.
- Malvec grape is used to make soaps and fragrances.
How is a wine-therapy sessionIf you're thinking enjoy the virtues of wine and ask yourself how will be a session, you see that these may vary from one Center to another, but always tend to include these three steps:
- In the first place is usually done a manual Exfoliating massage with drag Exfoliating cream or cream gommage (which do not need to massage and are removed with water) made with grape seed. The objective is to remove the layer of dead at the time cells that are left open pores and skin ready for the rest of the treatments.
- Then prepare baths in barrels or tubs with thermal water and wine. Some centres offer a glass of wine from the region and other products, such as cheeses, to recreate the time relaxing and enjoyable time
- Once they have dried the body are usually applied on the body treatment chosen by the client who can aim at the reduction of cellulite body, with clothes or mud wraps, or simply a massage with oil of grape of great power moisturizing and firming.
A body vinotherapy session lasts between 90 minutes and two hours, according to the chosen for it, while the duration of a facial session is between 45 and 90 minutes. A wine therapy session prices range, taking into account the variety of centres, spas and spa, treatments and products chosen, although you can hire packages on the Internet ranging from 90 euros onwards.
Wine therapy centersIn wine regions around the world can find, spas and spa attached to large hotels and wineries where these beauty treatments are offered. In Spain, the first was the Wine Spa of the Hotel Golf Peralada (Barcelona), although it is also in as references locations from the world of wine as Elciego in La Rioja and Ribera del Duero in Peñafiel.
White Oaks of Canada Niagara Spa is very famous in the American continent. Also well-known are: Argentina Kumelkan Spa at the splendor Hotel in sand Maipú and between heaven Spa, Mendoza; in Mexico, the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos, which recently opened the Wine Spa Somma; in the spa of the Hotel Sheraton in Colonia del Sacramento Uruguay; and in Chile the Quinamávida hot springs, in Linares, Maule and the Termas de Puyuhuapi Hotel & Spa, Aysen.