Meaning and Definition of Absence | Its importance


From latin absentĭa, the absence is the action and the effect of absences or be absent. The verb absent, meanwhile, refers to make someone away or away a place, do something disappear, parting with a place or missed appointments.
Examples: "the team has felt the absence of his captain", 'I do not know what I will do in your absence', 'If I add another absence, I risk to be expelled from school', 'we have to think how to hide the absence of Sabrina during his vacation.
The absence, therefore, can be the time or the period during which someone is missing: 'After two months of absence, the German tennis player is on the circuit', 'I would like to tell you that my absence over the past weeks is due due to a health problem my son', "it was eight months of absence for personal reasons, but I am ready to return to work.
The lack or deprivation of something can also be designated as absence: "the lack of rain is a big problem for the entire agricultural region of the country", "I don't understand how you can live with the lack of electricity at home," "the country suffers the lack of foreign investment.
For medicine, the absence is brutal, but transient suppression (transient) of consciousness. Psychology, on the other hand, consider the absence as the distraction of the mind from the situation of a person: "After the coup, I suffered a lack of minutes, but I well now," "what should your absence? You don't do attention to what I say.
Published for educational purposes
Meanings, definitions, concepts of daily use