What is the Meaning of Adverb of time | Concept and Definition of Adverb of time


Meanings, definitions, concepts of daily use

Adverbs are the class of invariant words that modify adjectives, verbs, or other adverbs while acting as the core of the adverbial phrase or as background of the verb complement.
Adverbs add circumstantial information to a sentence or a Word. The adverbs of time are those that provide temporal information. That said, these adverbs provide data that provide an answer to the question on when (at what time) took place, runs or will run the action.
'Now', 'before', 'today', 'while', 'at the moment', "soon", "late" and "again" are examples of adverbs of time.
The expression "now, I'm writing an email. When I have finished, I will take the report"refers to an action that takes place at this time. The adverb of time "now" allows us to this conclusion.
'Before, I worked in a butcher's shop', in turn, is a phrase that refers to a position a person had previously held. By adding other adverbs of time, it is possible to detect past, present and even the future aspects in the same sentence: "before, I was working in a butcher shop but now I'm Manager in a supermarket."
«After, I'd go to visit Luc», «Today I woke with headaches», "while we were visiting downtown, we can take the opportunity to buy a gift for Sophie," "It is too early to know", "the film begins early, may be dinner just after" and "I'm always sad because of what happened to Jerome" are other phrase contains adverbs of time.
Translated for educational purposes