Didactic Encyclopedia


SEARCH CONTENTS

Custom Search

“Watchtower” Study with biblical texts | Week Starting august 10-16, 2015

ADS BY GOOGLE

We Can Remain Chaste: Information for personal study

BIBLICAL TEXTS FOR THE STUDY


(Psalm 12:8) The wicked walk around unrestrained Because the sons of men promote depravity.
(1 Thessalonians 4:3-5) For this is the will of God, that you should be holy and abstain from sexual immorality. 4 Each one of you should know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, 5 not with greedy, uncontrolled sexual passion like the nations have that do not know God.

[ 2 ]

(James 1:14, 15) But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death.

[ 3 ]

(Galatians 5:16) But I say, Keep walking by spirit and you will carry out no fleshly desire at all.

[ 4 ]

(James 4:8) Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones.
(Psalms 24:3, 4) Who may ascend to the mountain of Jehovah, And who may stand up in his holy place? 4 Anyone with innocent hands and a pure heart, Who has not sworn a false oath by My life, Nor taken an oath deceitfully.
(Psalm 51:6) Look! You find pleasure in truth in the inner person; Teach my innermost self true wisdom.
(Philippians 4:8) Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things.
(Genesis 6:5, 6) Consequently, Jehovah saw that man’s wickedness was great on the earth and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. 6 Jehovah regretted that he had made men on the earth, and his heart was saddened.

[ 5 ]

(Psalm 19:14) May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer.
(Psalms 139:23, 24) Search through me, O God, and know my heart. Examine me, and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See whether there is in me any harmful way, And lead me in the way of eternity.
(Matthew 6:13) And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’

[ 6 ]

(Psalm 51:10) Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one.
(Psalm 51:12) Restore to me the joy of your salvation; Stir within me a willingness to obey you.
(Psalm 119:133) Guide my steps safely by your saying; May nothing wicked dominate me.

[ 7 ]

(James 3:17) But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical.
(Psalm 19:7) The law of Jehovah is perfect, restoring strength. The reminder of Jehovah is trustworthy, making the inexperienced one wise.
(Psalm 19:11) By them your servant has been warned; In keeping them, there is a large reward.
(Psalm 119:9) 9 How can a young man keep his path clean? By keeping on guard according to your word.
(Psalm 119:11) In my heart I treasure up your saying So that I may not sin against you.

[ 8 ]

(Proverbs 5:8) Stay far away from her; Do not go near the entrance of her house,
(Proverbs 7:1-27) 7 My son, keep my sayings, And treasure up my commandments. Keep my commandments and live; Guard my instruction like the pupil of your eye. 3 Tie them around your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart. 4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” And call understanding “my relative,” 5 To guard you against the wayward woman, Against the immoral woman and her smooth words. 6 From the window of my house, Through my lattice, I looked down, 7 And as I observed the naive ones, I discerned among the youths a young man lacking good sense. 8 He passed along the street near her corner, And he marched in the direction of her house 9 In the twilight, in the evening, At the approach of night and darkness. 10 Then I saw a woman meet him, Dressed like a prostitute, with a cunning heart. 11 She is loud and defiant. She never stays at home. 12 One moment she is outside, next she is in the public squares, She lurks near every corner. 13 She grabs hold of him and gives him a kiss; With a bold face, she says to him: 14 “I had to offer communion sacrifices. Today I paid my vows. 15 That is why I came out to meet you, To look for you, and I found you! 16 I have spread fine covers upon my bed, Colorful linen from Egypt. 17 I have sprinkled my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon. 18 Come, let us drink our fill of love until the morning; Let us enjoy passionate love together, 19 For my husband is not at home; He has gone on a distant journey. 20 He took a bag of money with him, And he will not return until the day of the full moon.” 21 She misleads him with great persuasiveness. She seduces him with smooth speech. 22 Suddenly he goes after her, like a bull to the slaughter, Like a fool to be punished in the stocks, 23 Until an arrow pierces his liver; Like a bird rushing into a trap, he does not know that it will cost him his life. 24 And now, my sons, listen to me; Pay attention to the words I speak. 25 Do not let your heart turn aside to her ways. Do not stray onto her paths, 26 For she has caused many to fall down slain, And those she has killed are numerous. 27 Her house leads to the Grave; It goes down to the inner chambers of death.
(Proverbs 7:6-27) From the window of my house, Through my lattice, I looked down, 7 And as I observed the naive ones, I discerned among the youths a young man lacking good sense. 8 He passed along the street near her corner, And he marched in the direction of her house 9 In the twilight, in the evening, At the approach of night and darkness. 10 Then I saw a woman meet him, Dressed like a prostitute, with a cunning heart. 11 She is loud and defiant. She never stays at home. 12 One moment she is outside, next she is in the public squares, She lurks near every corner. 13 She grabs hold of him and gives him a kiss; With a bold face, she says to him: 14 “I had to offer communion sacrifices. Today I paid my vows. 15 That is why I came out to meet you, To look for you, and I found you! 16 I have spread fine covers upon my bed, Colorful linen from Egypt. 17 I have sprinkled my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon. 18 Come, let us drink our fill of love until the morning; Let us enjoy passionate love together, 19 For my husband is not at home; He has gone on a distant journey. 20 He took a bag of money with him, And he will not return until the day of the full moon.” 21 She misleads him with great persuasiveness. She seduces him with smooth speech. 22 Suddenly he goes after her, like a bull to the slaughter, Like a fool to be punished in the stocks, 23 Until an arrow pierces his liver; Like a bird rushing into a trap, he does not know that it will cost him his life. 24 And now, my sons, listen to me; Pay attention to the words I speak. 25 Do not let your heart turn aside to her ways. Do not stray onto her paths, 26 For she has caused many to fall down slain, And those she has killed are numerous. 27 Her house leads to the Grave; It goes down to the inner chambers of death.

[ 10 ]

(1 Timothy 5:2) to older women as mothers, to younger women as sisters, with all chasteness.

[ 11 ]

(Genesis 39:7, 8) Now after these things, the wife of his master began to cast her eyes on Joseph and say: “Lie down with me.” 8 But he refused and said to his master’s wife: “Here my master does not know what is with me in the house, and he has entrusted everything he has into my care.
(Genesis 39:10) So day after day she spoke to Joseph, but he never consented to lie with her or to remain with her.
(Genesis 39:12) Then she grabbed hold of him by his garment and said: “Lie down with me!” But he left his garment in her hand and fled outside.

[ 12 ]

(Matthew 5:28) But I say to you that everyone who keeps on looking at a woman so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(2 Samuel 11:2) One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the rooftop of the king’s house. From the rooftop he saw a woman bathing, and the woman was very beautiful.

[ 13 ]

(Job 31:1) 31 “I have made a covenant with my eyes. So how could I show improper attention to a virgin?
(Job 31:7) If my footsteps deviate from the way Or my heart has followed after my eyes Or my hands have been defiled,
(Job 31:9) If my heart has been enticed by a woman And I have lain in wait at my neighbor’s door,
(James 1:21-25) Therefore, put away all filthiness and every trace of badness, and accept with mildness the implanting of the word that is able to save you. 22 However, become doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, this one is like a man looking at his own face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself, and he goes away and immediately forgets what sort of person he is. 25 But the one who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and continues in it has become, not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work; and he will be happy in what he does.

[ 15 ]

(Proverbs 18:1) 18 Whoever isolates himself pursues his own selfish desires; He rejects all practical wisdom.
(Hebrews 3:12, 13) Beware, brothers, for fear there should ever develop in any one of you a wicked heart lacking faith by drawing away from the living God; 13 but keep on encouraging one another each day, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you should become hardened by the deceptive power of sin.

[ 16 ]

(James 5:13-15) Is there anyone suffering hardship among you? Let him carry on prayer. Is there anyone in good spirits? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, applying oil to him in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the sick one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

[ 17 ]

(James 1:15) Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn sin, when it has been carried out, brings forth death.
(Psalm 141:5) Should the righteous one strike me, it would be an act of loyal love; Should he reprove me, it would be like oil on my head, Which my head would never refuse. My prayer will continue even during their calamities.
(Hebrews 12:5, 6) And you have entirely forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons: “My son, do not belittle the discipline from Jehovah, nor give up when you are corrected by him; 6 for those whom Jehovah loves he disciplines, in fact, he scourges everyone whom he receives as a son.”

[ 18 ]

(Psalms 119:5, 6) If only I could remain steadfast So as to observe your regulations! 6 Then I would not be put to shame When I consider all your commandments.

Click on the image to Download complete information into digital files for Computer, Tablet PC, Smartphone

Download information for the personal Studio for Computer, Tablet PC, Smartphone

Download information for the personal Studio for Computer, Tablet PC, Smartphone

SEARCH CONTENTS

Custom Search

ADD THIS