Draw Close to Jehovah: Study with biblical texts | week starting october 12

Congregation Bible Study | Study information for the book: Draw Close to Jehovah


cl chap. 31 ¶21-23, box on p. 319 (30 min.)


“Draw Close to God, and He Will Draw Close to You”


May you always draw closer to Jehovah


21, 22. What endless journey lies before all who love Jehovah?


21 The simple exhortation recorded at James 4:8 is more than a goal. It is a journey. As long as we remain faithful, that journey will never end. We will never stop drawing closer and closer to Jehovah. After all, there will always be more to learn about him. We should not imagine that this book has taught us all there is to know about Jehovah. Why, we have barely begun to discuss all that the Bible says about our God! And even the Bible itself does not tell us all there is to know about Jehovah. The apostle John supposed that if everything that Jesus did during his earthly ministry were put in writing, “the world itself could not contain the scrolls written.” (John 21:25) If such a thing could be said of the Son, how much more so of the Father!
James 4:8 Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones.
John 21:25 There are also, in fact, many other things that Jesus did, which if ever they were written in full detail, I suppose the world itself could not contain the scrolls written.

22 Even eternal life will not bring us to the end of learning about Jehovah. (Ecclesiastes 3:11) Think, then, of the prospect before us. After having lived for hundreds, thousands, millions, even billions of years, we will know far more about Jehovah God than we do now. But we will still feel that there are countless wonderful things to be learned. We will be eager to learn more, for we will always have reason to feel as did the psalmist, who sang: “The drawing near to God is good for me.” (Psalm 73:28) Eternal life will be unimaginably rich and varied—and drawing closer to Jehovah will always be the most rewarding part of it.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish.
Psalm 73:28 But as for me, drawing near to God is good for me. I have made the Sovereign Lord Jehovah my refuge,To declare all your works.

23. What are you encouraged to do?


23 May you respond to Jehovah’s love now, by loving him with your whole heart, soul, mind, and strength. (Mark 12:29, 30) May your love be loyal and steadfast. May the decisions that you make every day, from the smallest to the greatest, all reflect the same guiding principle—that you will always choose the path that leads you to a stronger relationship with your heavenly Father. Above all, may you draw ever closer to Jehovah, and may he draw ever closer to you—throughout all eternity!
Mark 12:29, 30 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’


Psalm 25:1-22 How may we draw closer to Jehovah, and what confidence may we have as a result?


Psalm 25:1-22 To you, O Jehovah, I turn. ב [Beth] 2 My God, I trust in you;Do not let me be put to shame. Do not let my enemies gloat over me. ג [Gimel] 3 Surely none who hope in you will be put to shame,But shame awaits those who are treacherous without cause. ד [Daleth] 4 Make me know your ways, O Jehovah;Teach me your paths. ה [He] 5 Cause me to walk in your truth and teach me,For you are my God of salvation. ו [Waw] In you I hope all day long. ז [Zayin] 6 Remember your mercy, O Jehovah, and your loyal love,Which you have always shown. ח [Heth] 7 Do not remember the sins of my youth and my transgressions. Remember me according to your loyal love,For the sake of your goodness, O Jehovah. ט [Teth] 8 Good and upright is Jehovah. That is why he instructs sinners in the way to live. י [Yod] 9 He will guide the meek in what is right,And he will teach the meek ones his way. כ [Kaph] 10 All the paths of Jehovah are loyal love and faithfulnessFor those observing his covenant and his reminders. ל [Lamed] 11 For the sake of your name, O Jehovah,Forgive my error, though it is great. מ [Mem] 12 Who is the man fearing Jehovah? He will instruct him about the way he should choose. נ [Nun] 13 He will experience what is good,And his descendants will take possession of the earth. ס [Samekh] 14 Close friendship with Jehovah belongs to those who fear him,And he makes his covenant known to them. ע [Ayin] 15 My eyes are always toward Jehovah,For he will free my feet from the net. פ [Pe] 16 Turn your face to me and show me favor,For I am alone and helpless. צ [Tsade] 17 The distresses of my heart have multiplied;Free me from my anguish. ר [Resh] 18 See my affliction and my trouble,And pardon all my sins. 19 See how numerous my enemies areAnd how violent their hatred is for me. ש [Shin] 20 Guard my life and save me. Do not let me be put to shame, for I have taken refuge in you. ת [Taw] 21 May integrity and uprightness safeguard me,For my hope is in you. 22 O God, rescue Israel out of all his distresses.

Hosea 6:3 How does this verse show that getting to know Jehovah requires effort and brings blessings?


Hosea 6:3 3 We will know, we will earnestly seek to know Jehovah. His going out is as certain as the dawn;He will come to us like a pouring rain,Like a spring rain that saturates the earth.”

Matthew 16:21-27 If we are to imitate Jehovah, whose example must we follow, and what spirit must we show?


Matthew 16:21-27 From that time forward, Jesus began explaining to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed, and on the third day be raised up. 22 At this Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying: “Be kind to yourself, Lord; you will not have this happen to you at all.” 23 But turning his back, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.” 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake and keep following me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 Really, what good will it do a man if he gains the whole world but loses his life? Or what will a man give in exchange for his life? 27 For the Son of man is to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will repay each one according to his behavior.

Revelation 21:3, 4 As you contemplate the future blessings that Jehovah will provide, what are you moved to do in response?


Revelation 21:3, 4 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”


Click on the image to Download complete information into digital files for Desktop Computer, Laptop,Tablet, Mobile & Smartphone

Download information for the personal Studio for Desktop Computer, Laptop,Tablet, Mobile & Smartphone

Download information for the personal Studio for Desktop Computer, Laptop, Tablet, Mobile & Smartphone