SEARCH CONTENTS

Custom Search

Congregation Bible Study ‒ Week Starting January 5

ADS

Study information for the book: Draw Close to Jehovah

cl chap. 18 ¶9-19

cl chap. 18 pp. 183-187 pars. 9-19 Wisdom in “the Word of God”


Paragraph 9
9, 10. Why does the use of human writers add to the Bible’s warmth and appeal?
(2 Corinthians 12:7-10) just because of receiving such extraordinary revelations. To keep me from becoming overly exalted, I was given a thorn in the flesh, an angel of Satan, to keep slapping me, so that I might not be overly exalted. 8 Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it would depart from me. 9 But he said to me: “My undeserved kindness is sufficient for you, for my power is being made perfect in weakness.” Most gladly, then, I will boast about my weaknesses, in order that the power of the Christ may remain over me like a tent. 10 So I take pleasure in weaknesses, in insults, in times of need, in persecutions and difficulties, for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am powerful.

Paragraph 10
9, 10. Why does the use of human writers add to the Bible’s warmth and appeal?
(Psalm 51:2, 3) Thoroughly wash me from my error, And cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I am well-aware of my transgressions, And my sin is always before me.
(Psalm 51:5) Look! I was born guilty of error, And my mother conceived me in sin.
(Psalm 51:11) Do not cast me out from your presence; And do not take your holy spirit away from me.
(Psalm 51:17) The sacrifices pleasing to God are a broken spirit; A heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not reject.

Paragraph 11
11. What kind of true-life portrayals are included in the Bible “for our instruction”?
(Romans 15:4) For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.

Paragraph 12
12. Bible accounts about unfaithful humans help us in what way?
(Matthew 26:14-16) Then one of the Twelve, the one called Judas Is•car′i•ot, went to the chief priests 15 and said: “What will you give me to betray him to you?” They stipulated to him 30 silver pieces. 16 So from then on, he kept looking for a good opportunity to betray him.
(Matthew 26:46-50) Get up, let us go. Look! My betrayer has drawn near.” 47 While he was still speaking, look! Judas, one of the Twelve, came and with him a large crowd with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. 48 Now his betrayer had given them a sign, saying: “Whoever it is I kiss, he is the one; take him into custody.” 49 And going straight up to Jesus, he said: “Greetings, Rabbi!” and gave him a tender kiss. 50 But Jesus said to him: “Fellow, for what purpose are you present?” Then they came forward and seized Jesus and took him into custody.
(Matthew 27:3-10) Then Judas, his betrayer, seeing that Jesus had been condemned, felt remorse and brought the 30 pieces of silver back to the chief priests and elders, 4 saying: “I sinned when I betrayed innocent blood.” They said: “What is that to us? You must see to it!” 5 So he threw the silver pieces into the temple and departed. Then he went off and hanged himself. 6 But the chief priests took the silver pieces and said: “It is not lawful to put them into the sacred treasury, because they are the price of blood.” 7 After consulting together, they used the money to buy the potter’s field as a burial place for strangers. 8 Therefore, that field has been called Field of Blood to this very day. 9 Then what was spoken through Jeremiah the prophet was fulfilled: “And they took the 30 silver pieces, the price that was set on the man, the one on whom a price was set by some of the sons of Israel, 10 and they gave them for the potter’s field, according to what Jehovah had commanded me.”

VIEW FULL INFORMATION IN THE PDF FILE


Download file in PDF with information for personal study

Download File in PDF for Laptops, tablets & Mobile

SEARCH CONTENTS

Custom Search

ADD THIS