ADS BY GOOGLE
Why We Must Be Holy: information for personal study
(ONLY BIBLICAL TEXTS)
THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) NOVEMBER 2014
WHY WE MUST BE HOLY“You must be holy.”—LEV. 11:45.
HOW WOULD YOU ANSWER?• Why should the cleansing of Aaron and his sons have deep meaning for all of Jehovah’s people?
• How is our obedience related to proving ourselves holy?
• What should be our position regarding Jehovah’s law on blood?
- 2 -(2 Timothy 3:16) All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness,
(Leviticus 22:32) You must not profane my holy name, and I must be sanctified in the midst of the Israelites. I am Jehovah, who is sanctifying you,
- 3 -(Leviticus 8:5, 6) Moses now said to the assembly: “This is what Jehovah has commanded us to do.” 6 So Moses brought Aaron and his sons near and washed them with water.
(Hebrews 7:26) For it is fitting for us to have such a high priest who is loyal, innocent, undefiled, separated from the sinners, and exalted above the heavens.
(Hebrews 9:14) how much more will the blood of the Christ, who through an everlasting spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works so that we may render sacred service to the living God?
- 4 -(Ephesians 5:25-27) Husbands, continue loving your wives, just as the Christ also loved the congregation and gave himself up for it, 26 in order that he might sanctify it, cleansing it with the bath of water by means of the word, 27 so that he might present the congregation to himself in its splendor, without a spot or a wrinkle or any of such things, but holy and without blemish.
(John 10:16) “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.
VIEW FULL INFORMATION IN THE PDF FILE
Download file in PDF with information for personal study