SEARCH CONTENTS

Custom Search

How Elders Train Others to Become Qualified | “Watchtower” Study

ADS

Week Starting June 8: information for personal study

ONLY BIBLICAL TEXTS

(Genesis 14:14-16) Thus A′bram heard that his relative had been taken captive. With that he mobilized his trained men, 318 servants born in his household, and went in pursuit up to Dan. 15 During the night, he divided his forces, and he and his servants attacked and defeated them. And he pursued them up to Ho′bah, which is north of Damascus. 16 He recovered all the goods, and he also recovered Lot his relative, his goods, the women, and the other people.
(1 Chronicles 25:7) The number of them and their brothers who were trained in song to Jehovah, all experts, was 288.
(Ephesians 6:11-13) Put on the complete suit of armor from God so that you may be able to stand firm against the crafty acts of the Devil; 12 because we have a struggle, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places. 13 For this reason take up the complete suit of armor from God, so that you may be able to resist in the wicked day and, after you have accomplished everything, to stand firm.
(Hebrews 13:15, 16) Through him let us always offer to God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of our lips that make public declaration to his name. 16 Moreover, do not forget to do good and to share what you have with others, for God is well-pleased with such sacrifices.
(2 Timothy 2:2) and the things you heard from me that were supported by many witnesses, these things entrust to faithful men, who, in turn, will be adequately qualified to teach others.
- 2 -
(1 Timothy 4:6) By giving this counsel to the brothers, you will be a fine minister of Christ Jesus, one nourished with the words of the faith and of the fine teaching that you have followed closely.
- 3 -
(Mark 12:29, 30) Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’
- 4 -
(1 Kings 19:19-21) So he went from there and found E•li′sha the son of Sha′phat while he was plowing with 12 pairs of bulls ahead of him, and he was with the 12th pair. So E•li′jah went over to him and threw his official garment on him. 20 At that he left the bulls and ran after E•li′jah and said: “Please, let me kiss my father and my mother. Then I will follow you.” He replied to him: “Go, return, for what have I done to stop you?” 21 So he went back and took a pair of bulls and sacrificed them, and he used the plowing gear to boil the meat of the bulls and gave it to the people, and they ate. After that he rose up and followed E•li′jah and began to minister to him.
(Nehemiah 7:2) I then put my brother Ha•na′ni in charge of Jerusalem, along with Han•a•ni′ah the chief of the Fortress, for he was a most trustworthy man and feared the true God more than many others.
(Nehemiah 13:13) Then I put Shel•e•mi′ah the priest, Za′dok the copyist, and Pe•dai′ah of the Levites in charge of the storerooms, and Ha′nan the son of Zac′cur the son of Mat•ta•ni′ah was their assistant, for these men were considered reliable. It was their responsibility to make the distribution to their brothers.
(Acts 18:24-26) Now a Jew named A•pol′los, a native of Alexandria, arrived in Eph′e•sus; he was an eloquent man who was well-versed in the Scriptures. 25 This man had been instructed in the way of Jehovah, and aglow with the spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things about Jesus, but he was acquainted only with the baptism of John. 26 He began to speak boldly in the synagogue, and when Pris•cil′la and Aq′ui•la heard him, they took him into their company and explained the way of God more accurately to him.
(Psalm 119:18) Open my eyes so that I may see clearly The wonderful things from your law.
- 5 -
(Psalm 71:5) For you are my hope, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah; I have trusted in you since my youth.
(Psalm 71:17) O God, you have taught me from my youth, And until now I keep declaring your wonderful works.
- 6 -
(Matthew 28:18, 19) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,
- 7 -
(Titus 2:10) not stealing from them, but showing complete trustworthiness, so that in every way they may adorn the teaching of our Savior, God.
- 8 -
(Matthew 3:17) Look! Also, a voice from the heavens said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”
- 9 -
(Matthew 10:24) “A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master.
- 11 -
(Ecclesiastes 5:4) Whenever you make a vow to God, do not delay to pay it, for he finds no pleasure in the stupid ones. What you vow, pay.
(Isaiah 6:8) Then I heard the voice of Jehovah saying: “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And I said: “Here I am! Send me!”
(Matthew 6:24) “No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches.
(Matthew 6:33) “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.
(Luke 9:57-62) Now as they were going along the road, someone said to him: “I will follow you wherever you go.” 58 But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head.” 59 Then he said to another: “Be my follower.” The man said: “Lord, permit me first to go and bury my father.” 60 But he said to him: “Let the dead bury their dead, but you go and declare abroad the Kingdom of God.” 61 And still another said: “I will follow you, Lord, but first permit me to say good-bye to those in my household.” 62 Jesus said to him: “No man who has put his hand to a plow and looks at the things behind is well-suited for the Kingdom of God.”
(1 Corinthians 15:58) Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always having plenty to do in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in connection with the Lord.
(2 Corinthians 5:15) And he died for all so that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for him who died for them and was raised up.
(2 Corinthians 13:5) Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are. Or do you not recognize that Jesus Christ is in union with you? Unless you are disapproved.
(Proverbs 27:11) Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him who taunts me.
(1 Peter 5:8) Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.
(Hebrews 4:12) For the word of God is alive and exerts power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul and spirit, and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- 13 -
(2 Kings 3:11) At that Je•hosh′a•phat said: “Is there no prophet of Jehovah here through whom we may inquire of Jehovah?” So one of the servants of the king of Israel answered: “There is E•li′sha the son of Sha′phat, who used to pour out water on the hands of E•li′jah.”
(2 Kings 2:1-12) 2 When Jehovah was about to take E•li′jah up to the heavens in a windstorm, E•li′jah and E•li′sha went out from Gil′gal. E•li′jah said to E•li′sha: “Stay here, please, because Jehovah has sent me on to Beth′el.” But E•li′sha said: “As surely as Jehovah is living and as you are living, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Beth′el. 3 Then the sons of the prophets in Beth′el came out to E•li′sha and said to him: “Do you know that today Jehovah is taking your master away from headship over you?” At this he said: “I already know it. Be silent.” 4 E•li′jah now said to him: “E•li′sha, stay here, please, because Jehovah has sent me on to Jer′i•cho.” But he said: “As surely as Jehovah is living and as you are living, I will not leave you.” So they came to Jer′i•cho. 5 Then the sons of the prophets who were in Jer′i•cho approached E•li′sha and said to him: “Do you know that today Jehovah is taking your master away from headship over you?” At this he said: “I already know it. Be silent.” 6 E•li′jah now said to him: “Stay here, please, because Jehovah has sent me on to the Jordan.” But he said: “As surely as Jehovah is living and as you are living, I will not leave you.” So both of them went on. 7 And 50 of the sons of the prophets also went and stood watching from a distance while the two of them stood by the Jordan. 8 Then E•li′jah took his official garment and rolled it up and struck the waters, and they were divided to the left and to the right, so that both of them went across on the dry ground. 9 As soon as they had gone across, E•li′jah said to E•li′sha: “Ask what you want me to do for you before I am taken from you.” So E•li′sha said: “Please, may I receive a double portion of your spirit?” 10 He replied: “You have asked a difficult thing. If you see me when I am taken from you, it will happen for you that way; but if you do not, it will not happen.” 11 As they were walking along, speaking as they walked, suddenly a fiery chariot and fiery horses made a separation between the two of them, and E•li′jah ascended to the heavens in the windstorm. 12 While E•li′sha was watching, he was crying out: “My father, my father! The chariot of Israel and his horsemen!” When he could no longer see him, he took hold of his own garments and ripped them into two pieces.
- 14 -
(Psalm 101:6) I will look to the faithful ones of the earth, So that they may dwell with me. The one walking in blamelessness will minister to me.
(2 Timothy 2:2) and the things you heard from me that were supported by many witnesses, these things entrust to faithful men, who, in turn, will be adequately qualified to teach others.
- 15 -
(2 Kings 2:8-14) Then E•li′jah took his official garment and rolled it up and struck the waters, and they were divided to the left and to the right, so that both of them went across on the dry ground. 9 As soon as they had gone across, E•li′jah said to E•li′sha: “Ask what you want me to do for you before I am taken from you.” So E•li′sha said: “Please, may I receive a double portion of your spirit?” 10 He replied: “You have asked a difficult thing. If you see me when I am taken from you, it will happen for you that way; but if you do not, it will not happen.” 11 As they were walking along, speaking as they walked, suddenly a fiery chariot and fiery horses made a separation between the two of them, and E•li′jah ascended to the heavens in the windstorm. 12 While E•li′sha was watching, he was crying out: “My father, my father! The chariot of Israel and his horsemen!” When he could no longer see him, he took hold of his own garments and ripped them into two pieces. 13 After that he picked up the official garment of E•li′jah that had fallen off him and went back and stood by the bank of the Jordan. 14 Then he took the official garment of E•li′jah that had fallen off him and struck the waters and said: “Where is Jehovah, the God of E•li′jah?” When he struck the waters, they were divided to the left and to the right, so that E•li′sha went across.
- 16 -
(2 Kings 2:15) When the sons of the prophets at Jer′i•cho saw him from a distance, they said: “The spirit of E•li′jah has settled down on E•li′sha.” So they went to meet him and bowed down to the ground before him.
- 17 -
(1 Corinthians 4:17) That is why I am sending Timothy to you, because he is my beloved and faithful child in the Lord. He will remind you of my methods in connection with Christ Jesus, just as I am teaching everywhere in every congregation.
(John 14:12) Most truly I say to you, whoever exercises faith in me will also do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father.

Click on the image to Download complete information into digital files for Computer, Tablet PC, Smartphone

Download information for the personal Studio for Computer, Tablet PC, Smartphone

Download information for the personal Studio for Computer, Tablet PC, Smartphone

SEARCH CONTENTS

Custom Search