Just as humans have different forms of upset that our body in the form of vomiting, our pets should receive care or another as they fail to keep in the stomach and end up returning. Let's see how to act depending on the type of vomit that we detect:
Type of vomiting and what to do in each case:
- Water: discontinue the intake of water and food by your pet for 12 hours.
- Blood: you must go to the vet with urgency because it tends to be the manifestation of some cases of infections or disorders of the digestive tract.
- Parasites: you must go to the vet with a sample of parasites expelled by the mascot.
- White: should suspend drinking water and food for your pet for 12 hours, because it tends to be gastric juices. If vomiting, you should go to the vet.
- Yellow: discontinue the intake of water and food for your pet for 24 hours, because the ejected is bile, because of a possible gastroenteritis. If the animal does not improve, we will go to the vet.
- Green: if it's an isolated episode can be ignored, if it recurs should go to the vet. What drives is oxidized bile.
- Pink: vomiting more than twice repeated, should go to the vet. What drives are gastric juices and blood.
- Foreign body: normally when you have ingested a foreign body and ejects it without more, no give greater importance. They should subsequently produce vomiting blood, you should go to the vet, because the ingested object could have caused damage to the digestive tract.